Friday, February 10, 2006

An (Incomplete) Account of the Evening of Wednesday, February 8th

6:40 Home from work. Shower. Feel like shit. Attempt nap (fail). Drink lots of water.

7:29 Jenkins begin planning what to wear to our "costume party" show, knowing damn well that we should have thought about this earlier (as in, maybe a day before the show? maybe even TWO days before the show?) I want to be the main character from Jurrasic Park (the guy with the cowboy hat), but I don't know how I can get it across to the audience. I can't find my Jurrassic Park velociraptor shirt (that I used to wear in sixth grade) either. Sorry fans, no free T-shirt!

9:05 Free food and beer for the band! Good thing, because I forgot to eat. Everyone (including the waitress) calls me a "pussy" for ordering water, and not six Guinesses. I drink my water and order another. Both are delicious. I have really been digging water lately.

11:03 Jenkins are dressed as: Mormon, 'Nam veteran, gay cowboy, strange Indian God, ??? (I have no idea what Rob was dressed as . . . possibly Eminem after six days of coke and bar fights, possibly a skinny white kid with a tore up wife beater and sweat pants.) We begin to play.

12:09 Set break. First set not good, but everyone is having a good time. Fans are dressed as: mimes, Thor, pirates, Ninja Turtles, gay cowboys (I don't understand how this became a trend), et cetera. I start drinking.

12:56 Rob forgets the chords to AFTER CIGARETTES, and we have to stop playing it and apologize to the crowd. This is the second time this has happened, in all Nice Jenkin history.

1:50 Stop playing. Second set not good.

2:11 Stanley runs around trying to convince the Jenkins that his band, TRUMAN SPARKS, should play after us (as opposed to before us) on Sunday, at the big show with THE EXTRAORDINAIRES. Jenkins say "whatever" when really they mean "we'd rather play second, but if you're going to be a dick about it . . ."

2:28 I take pictures with a mime.

2:34 I take pictures with a pirate.

2:40 I have long conversation about hair cuts. I need one. I make a date to get a hair cut in the morning, as long as I cook the hair cutter breakfast (waffles with strawberries). She agrees.

2:45 Pack up. Drink more. Blond Girl halfway falls down stairs and breaks one of her high heels. I didn't know heels had lots of little nails in them. They do. Someone could get hurt. I try to fix it. No luck. Suggest a good cobbler I know. Blond Girl and I laugh and say "cobbler" a lot. Laugh some more.

3:00 Jenkins drive bus aimlessly around Charlottesville looking for Blond Girl's house, when really she wants to come to our house, but she won't say it, and we all find the situation amusing for some reason (possibly we are drunk (not the driver, Mom)). We drive around a lot, singing along with the radio.

3:15 We find Blond Girl's house. She is not happy. We are in hysterics.

3:30 Home. Bed. Sleep. Dream.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stanley said...

I would like to point out, for the record, that Stanley stayed up later (dick move or not).

11/2/06 6:44 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

i think ryan was probably drunker, though.

12/2/06 12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home