Tuesday, April 11, 2006

You're a Smellfeast and a Lickdish

This week's language post comes from World Wide Words, a great resource for word origins and obscure (and not-so-obscure) expressions. There I found these two gems:

Smellfeast (n.) - A parasite, a greedy sponger, a freeloader.

and

Lickdish (n.) - An even ruder synonym of the above word.

Unfortunately, both words have fallen out of usage. Which is a damn, dirty shame. And not only because both of them have subtle sexual implications (if you're a pervert, that is).

Your homework: deploy both of these words in the next seven days, and report back in the comments section. Go. Now. Get to work.

2 Comments:

Blogger AnneChe said...

I think these words would be better used as adjectives:

That lickdish roommate of mine is always eating my cheese. His smellfeastly ways are taxing my patience.

Good words Stanley.

12/4/06 1:58 PM  
Blogger moh said...

dude! my soul is totally smellfeasting my body!
help ;]

14/4/06 4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home