Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I made $7,000 in twenty minutes

Today, when sending my 1040EZ (that's right, I make less than $100,000; I own no stock (actually I do own stock, but whatever, I can never figure out the 1040A forms so I pretend I don't (no harm, no harm)) tax form to Atlanta, GA, where it will no doubt be opened by a human being (who doesn't care that I have no dependents), briefly looked / laughed at, put into a pile of some sort, moved around a bit, checked off by a supervisor, moved around a bit more, (maybe) briefly looked at by another human being (who overlooks my favorable math errors (hooray for refunds!)), translated into binary numbers, looked at by a computer (who is incapable of caring one way or the other (or is it?)), electronically filed with the millions of others . . .
Today, when I was sending my 1040EZ tax form, I overpaid the postage by 7 cents.
Somewhere, somehow, in some way, to some people, that is profound.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home