Monday, October 16, 2006

Wherein Ryan Posts The One About Books

1. One book that’s changed your life

In that my life is ever changing, and in that every seemingly unrelated detail of the universe has changed my life in some way - Orion's Belt, Bo Jackson, the Smurfs, that one time when I was six when I overheard my dad say 'fuckin' right I stole it' - I would say that every book I've ever read has changed my life in a way that I couldn't possibly assume to understand much less describe. Probably even the books I haven't (and won't ever) read (in a million fucking years) have changed my life (and this includes all books with either "The" or "Lord" or "Of" or "The" or "Rings" in the title, which, good friend, I won't ever read in a million fucking years).

2. One book that you have read more than once

Maniac McGee, by Charles Something. Pinelli? It could be. It very well could be Pinelli. I'd look it up, but.

3. One book you would want on a desert island

Idiots Guide to Photoshop. But, seriously, today a complete stranger called me an asshole. I'm not kidding. And there's a book called Tristram Shandy that's very interesting. There's nothing like it. In one part the guy slams a window shut on his junk.

4. One book that made you cry

It's hard to cry on Valium, internet friend. Not that I haven't, but it certainly takes more than a book these days.

5. One book that made you laugh

Calvin and Hobbes.

6. One book you wish had been written

If one were to wish a book had been written, one should get off their ass and write that book, lest one be all talk and no game.

7. One book you wish had never been written

They should all have been written. Although I often wonder about your blog. Yes, yours.

8. One book you are currently reading.

Brothers Karamazov

9. One book you'’ve been meaning to read

The Lord of the Rings j/k!!!!!!!!!!11111!

3 Comments:

Blogger Stanley said...

Oh yeah, I was supposed to e-mail everyone about the book-club idea, too. I'll get on that. Thanks for the unintentional reminder, Ryan.

16/10/06 9:56 PM  
Blogger t(h)om said...

a book does not change one's life. one's life changes the book.

17/10/06 11:23 AM  
Blogger Stanley said...

t(h)om.

t(h)om!!!

Put. Down. The. Pipe.

17/10/06 10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home