Friday, February 23, 2007

su alma en su palma

It was only three days ago when everything was still very, very low on the farenheight scale, which I know firsthand because the third thing I do everyday is walk outside to a thermometer and see how cold and warm it got the night before; and, as a sad result of all this chilliness (the sadness being, I admit, only partly due the weather; partly also due to my resolution not to buy a winter coat this year (which I held steadfast!)), I found myself wearing many layers (T-shirt, long sleeve T-shirt, sweater, polo shirt (just like those JMU kids), vest (just like any respectable dipshit), bright red hoodie sweatshirt, et cetera, et cetera, don't forget to double up on those socks (which, you should know, my friend, is a good way to rip holes in your socks - the inner sock rubs fabric off the outer sock, thereby killing the outer sock - still, though, it is very comfortable, like walking on pillows, or being heavily medicated)).

ANYWAY, for those of you who live in the greater American area, or, really, for all I know, many other wonderful places, you know that it has been cold. Blame Global Warming, blame Al Gore, blame winter, blame whomsoever you please. Your blame does not change the fact that I have been very cold for the past month. Not just cold on my face, or cold on my arms, or legs, or any single section of my body. Nay, I have been chilled to the very marrow of my soul. And that is a cold you don't want, friend of friends.

It was only three days ago when everything was still very, very cold. Then it was two days ago, and suddenly things weren't cold anymore. (Again, I encourage you to place the blame of this temperature shift on a culture, or a person, and not, my friend, on the tilting of our earth in respect to the direct rays of our great mistress, the Sun.) And I just wanted to mention that the newfound not-coldness, or, as one might say, the newfound relative warmness, reached into the deep, somewhat tar-ridden, very small abyss that is my cold soul marrow, and I was warmed. And all day I smiled.

1 Comments:

Blogger MB said...

Your attempts at holding off on a 'warm' coat is amusingly absurd. I've decided to hold off on toilet paper until my sh!t gets thicker.

27/2/07 12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home