Friday, July 07, 2006

Wrong

Beth: Were those gunshots?
Stanley: Nah, no way. Those were just some leftover firecrackers. I used to hear gunshots in Chicago. It's more of a "crack, crack, crack" than a "boom, bang, boom."

[Twenty minutes pass; Stanley leaves on his bike and turns the corner to find a lightshow of blue police lights ricocheting off the houses and gawkers.]

Stanley: Did something happen?
Gawker: Um, yeah.
Stanley: Oh. Um. Something bad?
Gawker: Somebody got shot.

UPDATE: "gunshot wound to the foot." Oddly, a comforting phrase...

3 Comments:

Blogger moh said...

maybe what you used to hear in chicago were firecrackers, and your pops was just tryin to scare ya...

7/7/06 1:18 PM  
Blogger t(h)om said...

Stanley's pops is too sweet of a guy to lie to his kid.

"I'd give you a hand, but it's the only one I've got!"

7/7/06 3:56 PM  
Blogger AnneChe said...

dang. I went a lookin' fer that der article (or whatere' I could find) and didn't find it. but i'm glad you put those Virginia research skills to work, Stanlito, and procured that news story fer me.

yar.

7/7/06 4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home