Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Cat Power

Sparks the Cat is pretty fantastic. He does funny, weird stuff, and sometimes you can get him to stand up on his back legs for much longer than you'd expect. Oh, and when he's about to attack(!), he gets this crazy look in his eyes, but don't worry, he probably won't hurt you.

Tonight, however, when I came home from work, Spark-a-tron really blew my mind. As I came down the hill towards our house, I saw two yellow eyes glowing in the dark off to the left, about a half-block from our house. I slowed down, and as I got close, Sparks stood up knowingly and crossed calmly in front of my car, moving to other side of the street, and headed towards our house. I continued down the hill and parked in front of the house. Sparks came trotting up with a look that said, "Feed me you infidel, or you will die."

A cat that recognizes cars? I mean, I guess it's not a big leap. It just struck me as another indication that he's pretty smart.

Then I let him inside and fed him. (He was getting that look in his eyes.)

5 Comments:

Blogger t(h)om said...

Good story, Stan!

gus gus used to come running from four houses away when i drive down our street. alas, alack, those were simpler times when he got to go outside [before a neighbor tried to STEAL him!].

now my kitty just sits on the kitchen table and gives me a look that says "why oh why did you bring that other four-legged creature into our home?" while the dog tries to lick the cat's butt-hole.

2/11/06 9:57 AM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Classy dog you have there, t(h)om.

As for pilfered pets, didn't our good friends in The Norse Jöngels steal a cat, then move, only to be confronted at their new house by the erstwhile owners? I think they did.

2/11/06 10:12 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

i love that picture of him. it totally captures the 'worthless retard' aspect of his personality, and reminds me of me.

2/11/06 10:32 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

oh and also? he had totally already eaten. he is getting FAT

2/11/06 10:33 AM  
Blogger t(h)om said...

speaking of pets, you guys have to check out dooce's pictures of the former congressman in his hall'o'we'e'n costume.

2/11/06 11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home