Thursday, March 01, 2007

Ego

I've made no secret about owning a horsey sweater, and it's awesome. I wore it to a gig tonight, a gig with the cover-ish band. An amusing exchange after we played:

Drunk Person: Are you the drummer?!
Me: Yep. My name's Stanley. And you are…?



Drunk Person: Why are you wearing a horse sweater?
Me: Well, it's my favorite sweater. I really like it.
Drunk Person: But what does it mean?
Me: Oh, I dunno, it's just silly, you know?
Drunk Person: Nooooooo, but it must mean something. There must be some deeper meaning.
Me: Uh, well, I like that there are two horses, like a baby horse and its mom horse.
Drunk Person: Aha! And it reminds you of your mom then. I love it. Great. Really awesome.
Me: Uh, sure I guess. Though, Freud said something like "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."
Drunk Person: That's boring.



Drunk Person: Have you ever shroomed?
Me: Nope. You?
Drunk Person: Man, I was in a field, and understanding, like, life. And like it's all connected, you know.
Me: Oh. Are you a buddhist?
Drunk Person: Well, I guess I'm an aspiring buddhist. Only not really
Me: Good answer.



[Unrelatable]



Drunk Person: Okay, goodbye humanist.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, i love that sweater ! its so stupid, its like youre wearing your moms crochet... :D

ive been getting in touch with my revolutionary side and came accross this, it reminded me of an earlier post.
y

1/3/07 10:00 AM  
Blogger The Modesto Kid said...

Are you planning to wear your horse sweater next (and first) time you shroom?

1/3/07 2:53 PM  
Blogger t(h)om said...

have you ever seen Equus?

1/3/07 7:11 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Nay, t(h)om, nay.

TMK: I'd be afraid the horses would come alive and eat my head or something.

y: Thanks for the link.

1/3/07 7:17 PM  
Blogger t(h)om said...

"stanley is the funniest guy he knows"

1/3/07 8:51 PM  
Blogger MB said...

T(h)om:
A wise man once said.

Stanley: for some reason I keep re-reading this post and enjoy it each time. Kudos to your horsey sweater. It's like kryptonite to fashion folk and former supermen.

(someone out there liked it!)

4/3/07 6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home