Wednesday, December 01, 2010

I Told Stanley I Would Blog, So Whatever, Here It Is

I've been listening to a lot of records lately. I bought a record player about 8 months ago and I've joined the ranks of all the greasy-haired record buyers across the nation, flipping through their stacks, looking for Kinks Korean imports, talking about their show last night and how they're playing at mile 10 of the county marathon the next day and that should be a really good opportunity to offload some demos and T-shirts. Do you know of someone who'll sit on on drums? Not a Bonham wannabe but more you know just a good solid backbeat, and not many frills?

This is now the second kind of shopping I enjoy, alongside shopping for wine. I used to enjoy used book stores (and still do sometimes) but something's happened to my eyesight where it's painful to me to read the titles off the shelves for more than ten minutes. The font on book spines is the right size and right distance away to fit into this gray zone between where I need to wear glasses and where I don't. So I end up putting them on and off as I peruse and I walk out with a headache.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home