Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I hear through the grapevine that Stanley is taking work off this week, ignoring his girlfriend, and buying new, expensive, Italian slacks because he's playing drums in a high school performance of HMS Pinafor and has decided to take it more seriously than anything else currently happening in his life, or, for that matter, ever. Is this true?

Follow up: If so, need I point out how many years ago Stanley graudated from high school? College, even?

Follow up: (really I don't know which direction to take my questioning in. My options here are nearly limitless, and all based upon whatever lies and excuses Stanley thinks up for my first question (which is undoubtably true (grapevines don't lie)) and I need Stanley's response before I map out my course of interrogation. But either way, HMS Pinafor sucks and I hope, at least, that I've got the play wrong. Guys & Dolls? My Fair Lady?)

5 Comments:

Blogger Stanley said...

Stanley is an accomplished musician available for hire in local musical acts of repute.

In this capacity, Stanley has agreed to lend his talents to a local high school's performance if The Pirates of Penzance, a Gilbert and Sullivan comic operetta, to be sure. But it's no HMS Pinafor [sic].

As usual, Stanley's not surprised that Ryan is unaccustomed with the notion of well-paying gigs.

Maybe once Ryan's mythical "album" comes out, Ryan will have a better understanding of the phenomenon.

But, Stanley doubts it.

22/2/06 11:43 PM  
Blogger moh said...

stanley has a girlfriend?

23/2/06 12:30 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

I'm not at liberty to comment during an ongoing investigation.

23/2/06 3:31 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

It was fifty/fifty on whether I should include an e at the end of HMS Pinafor(e) (I even tested it out with and without the e, just to see how it looked) and, seeing as how I don't know what either (a) HMS, or (b) Pinafore means, and because I don't have the time to "check a dictionary" or "hit 'spell check'" or "google" something, I was, sadly, incorrect, if just this once.

23/2/06 8:17 PM  
Blogger t(h)om said...

i googled it, and found out that a British Tarr really IS a soaring soul.

24/2/06 2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home