Saturday, May 27, 2006

It's Not A Bad Idea To Learn One Or Two New Things Every Day - Thomas Frasisco Jefferson

I've always liked ordering pizza to pick up, because then you get to sit in the car with the pizza box on your lap and smell it the entire drive home. Sometimes you get to take a piece out, then and there, and eat it. On the drive home you will talk about how good the pizza smells, and how much you love smelling pizza while driving home, and how many great memories you have of sitting with a box of pizza in your lap, smelling it, driving home. You will open the box a little and stare and the pizza and be satisfied.

What I learned today is that it's not the pizza that smells so good, it's the warm cardboard.

Warm cardboard smells wonderful. Almost like pizza.

Try it for yourself.

4 Comments:

Blogger Stanley said...

I'm not sure why you're warming up cardboard, but I support you.

Also, I was just talking about how everyone in Chicago goes to pick up pizzas with towels. You wrap up the pizzas with your towels. Then they, uh, stay warmer, I guess. I mean, why else, right?

27/5/06 3:45 PM  
Blogger t(h)om said...

in case your pizza falls in the river. you have the towel to dry it off.

30/5/06 9:46 AM  
Blogger Stanley said...

The nearest river-like channel to my boyhood Chicago home was the Cal-Sag Channel. Pizzas that fall in the Cal-Sag should stay in the Cal-Sag.

30/5/06 10:19 AM  
Blogger t(h)om said...

t(h)om: Hi, Pizza Hut. I'd like an extra large pizza with PCBs, chloro-flourocarbons, and a side of dissentary dip-sticks.
t(h)om's Pizza Hut guy: Would you like mercury-garlic sauce, or fecal matter-marinara with your order?
t(h)om: :::uhhh:::

30/5/06 11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home