Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Out with it

I had a wisdom tooth extracted this morning. Nothing exciting. The whole thing took less than an hour. At the end, the dentist said, "Yep. You can probably go to work today. In a few hours."

What?! Certainly he meant to say, "Here, you better go home and do as little as possible, oh, and here's a little something to help with the pain."

Sheesh. What's a dentist good for, if not excuses to be the shiftless layabout that I aspire to be?

Oh well. Off to work...

3 Comments:

Blogger bitchphd said...

Your dentist is useless. When I had my wisdom teeth out I got to take Codeiene *and* an anti-nausea suppository. Good times.

6/6/07 6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DUDE. That's when you tell your work you're having oral surgery and won't be able to come in! It doens't matter what the dentist actually says! What, do you have to bring in a doctor's note or something? weak.

~andrea

8/6/07 2:56 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Yeah, I don't really have a lot of PTO (after three weeks off for tour), and honestly, it felt fine with a few ibuprofen. I just wanted the excuse to do nothing. "Doctor said I shouldn't do anything? I better listen. He is a doctor after all..."

8/6/07 3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home