Friday, June 01, 2007

Wherein I Dribble

I like sports. No, really, I do.

I don't often watch sports. Or talk about them. Or think about them. Or play them (anymore). But I understand quite well the rules of many sports (basketball, baseball, football, soccer, for example), so I can easily keep up, and I enjoy watching sports with sane people who want to talk about strategy and drink beer.

But sometimes, especially when it's playoffs, or some other Big Game™, or a Chicago team, I'll tune in and care for awhile. Hence, me watching the NBA playoffs last night. See, I get all the fouling and picking and rolling and shot-clocking. But then I go and ask, in a crowded bar, "Wait, who's that guy?"

"Uh, that's Lebron James."

And I'm reminded, as ever, that I'm a poseur.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home