Friday, July 06, 2007

DMV

Her: Hello and how can I help you today?
Me: I wanted to register my car. Register it and get the title. Both of those things.
Her: Okay, I'll need all that paperwork.
Me: . . .
Her: And your license.
Me: . . .
Her: . . .
Me: . . .
Her: It says here that your license was revoked on two two oh five.
Me: It says where?
Her: Right here?
Me: Two two oh five?
Her: That's what it says right here. Did you ever have your license suspended for any reason?
Me: No. Two two oh five is two years ago.
Her: . . .
Me: . . .
Her: You've been driving with an illegal license for two years then.
Me: I've never even had a speeding ticket.
Her: It says here that your license was suspended on nine two oh four, and then revoked on two two oh five.
Me: I mean, I've had a few parking tickets. But I think I've paid them all. Would this be for like an outstanding parking ticket?
Her: What you're going to have to do is go see that officer over there.
Me: Can I still get my title and registration?
Her: Honey, I don't think so.

7 Comments:

Blogger Stanley said...

Bummer, dude. You've been a fugitive of justice this entire time.

6/7/07 2:48 PM  
Blogger bitchphd said...

There's something kind of awesome about that.

6/7/07 3:18 PM  
Blogger eekbeat said...

Could you give me a ride?

6/7/07 3:54 PM  
Blogger The Modesto Kid said...

Did you find out what was going on?

6/7/07 7:23 PM  
Blogger The Modesto Kid said...

(Hey Eek, I left a suggestion about your A -> B poem, which I like, in comments)

6/7/07 7:23 PM  
Blogger MB said...

Maybe you should change your band name to "the sometime fugitives" or "from now on bike riding"

And there is something very awesome about that. What did the Officer Wiggum say?

9/7/07 1:09 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

I think MB is confused about who's authoring which posts.

Did you find out what was going on?

TMK: Since Ryan's internet visits are few and far between, I'll answer this.

There was apparently some administrative mix-up. Ryan was supposed to have come in to the DMV in-person to renew his license, unbeknownst to him. As he failed to do so, his license was supspended, then revoked, with notifications either getting lost in the mail or going to previous mailing addresses.

Very exciting, I know.

9/7/07 2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home