Friday, November 30, 2007

I'm a real gas, you see

I spent all day yesterday in the recording studio, laying down tracks for an upcoming release by Band B. Lots of time in a little room by myself with nothing but headphones and drums? Makes me a bit zany.

On the ride home, Chico (have I mentioned Chico? he plays the bass) and I stopped by the grocery store, where we noticed that Harry the Happy Dragon was "Out of Order," a sad state for an ostensibly happy dragon.

Me: Can dragons really be happy and child-friendly?
Chico: Mmm, I don't really think so. Their job is to destroy humans and villages and stuff. That's not really happy if you ask me.

[…]

Me: So where does dragon fuel come from anyway? For the flames, I mean.
Chico: I dunno. They must have a real fucked-up digestive system.
Me: Could be methane, I guess. Cows produce methane.
Chico: True. But methane burns blue. Have you ever seen a dragon with a blue flame? I don't think so.
Me: Good point. Dragons are totally made-up.

Yeah. Science.

5 Comments:

Blogger The Modesto Kid said...

But think about it man, the artists who painted those orange flames had probably never seen a real dragon and were maybe just going on accounts from survivors of village-ransackings -- if somebody says "He was breathing fire, man" are you going to ask "What color?" Probably not, you'll just say "Oh shit man, no way!" and then when you go to depict it you'll put a flame coming out of his mouth and paint it yellow and orange because you didn't think to ask.

30/11/07 1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should have made this for the little lady yesterday http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Fire-Breathing-Dragon-Cake

30/11/07 3:54 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Boobers!

I should have, you're right. Dang.

30/11/07 3:58 PM  
Blogger eekbeat said...

Seeing the excitement you get out of lighting your farts on fire is almost as good as a dragon cake, darling.

1/12/07 4:16 PM  
Blogger ||| said...

rule #5 on the tourbus - all farts are to be lit

rule #6 no dying

1/12/07 6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home