Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Lifelong

This may be completely obvious and meaningless, but it didn't occur to me until last night: George H.W. Bush was in the White House as VP starting in 1981, so there has been a Bush or a Clinton in the White House for longer than I’ve been alive.

Just got back from voting. Am fired up, etc.

Relatedly: one of my Ron-Paul-supporting roommates never changed his voter registration info, and he can't afford to drive all the way to Staunton to cast a ballot. When you can't afford to vote for a Republican/Libertarian, it's probably time to reassess your political priorities.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

like 2-3rds of the house and senate have been in there as long as you've been alive, too. so you're suddenly anxious about another Clinton in the white house because some hottie with an Obama button pointed out how weird that would be?

12/2/08 2:41 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Mr. President, I did not have sexual relations with that "hottie", and I resent your attempt to impugn my good character on this weblog.

12/2/08 4:29 PM  
Blogger The Modesto Kid said...

A Bush or a Clinton has been in the White House for most of my conscious memory of politics -- I remember Carter being elected but only very vaguely.

Pretty cool how you Virginians went for Obama by such a huge margin. New Jersey is gonna have to hang its head in shame for another four years.

12/2/08 8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home