Thursday, January 31, 2008

Fired Up

Today my roommate brought me an Obama '08 sticker, given to her at work by "some crazy homeless person." She knew I liked Obama, and, she being a Ron Paul fan, figured the invisible hand of the free market should carry this sticker to me, presumably so I could help kill more unborn babies. (Just kidding Bayleaf! Thanks for the sticker!)

In general, I consider myself a bit of a political-news junkie. I talk politics and news all the time. And I've been an Obama fan for awhile, convincing my mom and sometime commenter Boobers to read The Audacity of Hope. But putting a sticker on my car has always bugged me a bit. I don't know why.

Part of it is co-workers. I work with a fair number of GOPers, and it just seems like a "why rock the boat?" kind of things. Which, on reflection, is just kind of silly. Any co-worker that holds such a thing against me is not likely to be of any import to my day-to-day work. So whatever.

I donated $100 to Obama's campaign today. A small drop in the bucket, but a drop nonetheless. I like the guy, and I like his odds against likely GOP nominee McCain. I'm going to stop being lame and put my money and my sticker where my mouth is.

On my bumper.

</mixed metaphor>

8 Comments:

Blogger The Modesto Kid said...

Yeah, I was glad to notice some Obama signs while I was out today and thought maybe we should put one of those up too. Our primary is coming up soon.

31/1/08 11:50 PM  
Blogger bitchphd said...

I think there might be 4 bumper stickers on our car; also signs taped to the back two windows. Plus the lawn signs.

Mr. B's gone a little overboard. I'm agonizing over whether I vote for Clinton or Obama, myself.

1/2/08 2:15 AM  
Blogger The Modesto Kid said...

Because you're a woman, you mean?

1/2/08 7:08 AM  
Blogger The Modesto Kid said...

(But you're not black -- so where's the difficulty?)

1/2/08 7:08 AM  
Blogger mandy said...

I donated $100 to Obama's campaign today. A small drop in the bucket, but a drop nonetheless.

Apparently 90% of online donations to the Obama campaign are in increments of $100 or less, so I'd call that a communal glass of water. Or wine. Or something.

Also, this.

:D

1/2/08 12:08 PM  
Blogger ||| said...

reddy ta go!

1/2/08 1:36 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Mandy: thanks for that links. Is that photo local?

1/2/08 5:48 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

You said it, baconfat. You sure did say it.

3/2/08 3:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home