Sunday, January 28, 2007

List

I've kept a list of all the music I listened to during the second half of this past week, and within said list I occasionally wrote notes about what I was hearing, and this is what it looks like:
Belle & Sebastian, Dear Catastrophe Waitress
Shostakovich, String Quartets 4, 5, 6
Beck, Guero
- I like the line "Your popsicle is melting."
Andres Segovia, The Segovia Collection (vol. 1)(Bach)
-This is remarkably boring.
Bosnian Muslims, Bosnia: echoes from an endangered world
-I would pay to see these dudes were they to do a world tour, which they won't, because they're probably dead, and also because probably nobody else would pay to see them.
Beck, Guero
Various Artists (most of which are indie rock), Christmas Mix Tape #4 (Stanley)
-I like to imagine Stanley air-drumming to these songs in his car on the way to Applebees, where, in my imagination, he is a stoned line cook, mostly mixing up bagged salads.
Shotastkovich, String Quartets 7, 8, 9
Various Artists (most of which are pop rock), Christmas Mix Tape #? (Beth)
-This one makes me happy.
Beck, Guero
-I still like the line about the popsicle.
Bulgarian Female Vocal Choir, Les Mysteres . . .
Belle & Sebastian, The Life Pursuit
Biserou Sisters, ?
Truman Sparks, Live at Bennington College
-If Truman Sparks gets famous I will sell this bootleg to a Japanese record label so I can afford the payments on a backyard pool.
Beck, Guero
-Your popsicle is melting.
Radiohead, OK Computer
-This CD reminds me of when I was younger and really liked this CD.
Blackalicious, Blazing Arrow
Talib Kweli & Hi-Tec, Reflection Eternal
Shostakovich, String Quartets 1, 2, 3
Beck, Guero
-It sucks that you let your popsicle melt.

1 Comments:

Blogger moh said...

ryan, if you like shostakovichs string quartets you may like the rites of spring...and also might check out mussorgsky, perkofiev and/or stravinsky. the first two are also 19th, the latter is 20th.
bachs chaconne done by jascha heifetz and vivaldis four seasons by joseph silverstein are amazing pieces aswell if youre into the violin. if its the piano youre after then hit me up and ill blurt off some more.
:)

1/2/07 6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home