Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Snack or appetizer idea

Do you like burnt cheese? Of course you do—it's delicious. So here's what you do:

Get some shredded parmesan cheese. Not that Kraft™ bullshit, this kind:



Heat up a frying pan to a medium temperature. Sprinkle the cheese evenly in a sort of circular pattern in the middle of the pan.

Wait.

After awhile, the cheese will fuse, and the bottom will brown. With a fork, pry up the cheese circle from one side, rolling as you go. Put it on a plate like this:



Or just eat it right out of the pan. It's that good.

(courtesy of a co-worker who gave me this recipe)

UPDATE: LC, in comments, and my roommate, via e-mail, hated on my cheese-cooking adventure. I sent a picture to the co-worker, and he confirmed that I probably should have cooked it a bit longer before rolling it up.

Pictures of the do-over here and here. Oh, and who's that enjoying the new results? My hateful roommate. (LC is beyond salvation, of course.)

7 Comments:

Blogger sbma44 said...

Works even better if you've got a nonstick silicon mat thingy. I think there's a fancy name for it if you do it that way.

17/1/07 1:40 AM  
Blogger The Modesto Kid said...

Well... It would probably be gross if you did it with a cheese that was not parmigiano -- like say Monterey Jack, I can see that being really disgusting and gooey. But parmigiano would get nice and crispy and yummy. Not gross at all, I think.

17/1/07 8:43 PM  
Blogger LC said...

It looks like a maggot torn in half. Presentation-wise, gross.*

*Of course this would never inhibit me from consuming it.

17/1/07 8:59 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Post updated to hate on the haters. sbma44 and TMK know what's what.

17/1/07 9:03 PM  
Blogger The Modesto Kid said...

Actually now I'm thinking you ought to try it with Monterey Jack, see how it comes out.

17/1/07 11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to point out that you totally staged that picture of my supposed burnt cheese 'enjoyment' and indeed, there doesn't even seem to be pictoral proof that I actually ate the thing! Ok, ok, I did, but I seem to recall my assesment being somwhere along the lines of "tastes like burnt cheese."

18/1/07 11:41 AM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Oh, and I suppose, Beth, for your next blogpost, you'll be on about the moon-landing hoax, right?

18/1/07 12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home