Thursday, December 21, 2006

High Fives

Wow, this is harder than I thought. I'm supposed to tell you, dear internets, five things you don't know about me. Here goes:

1) In high school, I suffered the wrath of Epstein-Barr virus, which made me tired a lot, and I caught a new cold every week. It also caused me to get Gastroparesis. They took over six months to diagnose me, and they tested me for mono (Epstein-Barr doesn't show up on that test), AIDS, depression, and a number of allergies before getting it right. The best test? Eating radioactive scrambled eggs and then lying in front of some machine for 90 minutes reading Invisible Man while they watched the eggs make their way through my tubes.

2) I ran away from home. Briefly. After a nasty fight with my mom and dad about not going to church. Eventually I didn't have to go anymore, but it was quite a battle.

3) Contrasting #2, in third grade I declared that I would become a priest. Sister Shirley, the teacher, was very encouraging and phoned my mother about the decision. Oh, how things change. (Come to think of it, I maybe told this story over at unfogged; maybe not, though.)

4) I really don't like shaking people's hands. Not a germ thing. It just seems forced. High fives are okay, though.

5) I absolutely positively must have white noise to get to sleep. In the summer it's a fan or an air conditioner. In the winter, a space heater. This is a very inconvenient tick, especiallly while travelling. It took me over an hour to fall asleep after a gig Saturday night in Richmond. We were in a quiet room in my brother's apartment. It was hell.

Okay, lots of surprises, I hope. I tag Ryan (of this blog; but I doubt he'll do it), Beth, m. leblanc, and t(h)om. Ready, break!

5 Comments:

Blogger Stanley said...

High five indeed. It sucked, but only sorta. As I understand it, very few people ever contract it, but it's in almost everyone's mouth. Here's to being special.

22/12/06 1:03 AM  
Blogger Silvana said...

I'm working on my response. This is very difficult!

22/12/06 1:05 PM  
Blogger Silvana said...

Completed!

22/12/06 5:48 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

leblanc: of the people I tagged, you're the only one I don't know in real life, and so far, the only one to follow through.

You hear that real-life friends? The internets are winning.

22/12/06 7:49 PM  
Blogger t(h)om said...

i was away! holiday in BFDE (that's bum-F***-DE) means dial-up, = why bother with the internets.

and Ryan even commented on The Neoskeptic. That's a first; it was a festivus miracle!

26/12/06 12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home