Thursday, December 28, 2006

The Pen is the Sword

In addition to my typing proclivities, I can also write with pens. Given a choice, I use this pen. Relatively inexpensive, easily clipped in a back pocket, and divinely enjoyable to use, it kicks the ass of most pens in its class.

But this inkless metal pen has me hott. If you're searching for that belated holiday gift you never bought me, your search has ended.

Of course, I'll probably lose it, as I do most pens. But in the meantime, I promise to write you a lovely thank-you note.

5 Comments:

Blogger The Modesto Kid said...

Is that one of those thin fibre-tips? My dad always uses those and thus they remind me of him. Given the choice I always write with a ballpoint -- I always seem to fuck up the tips of those my-dad-esque pens. Staples has some good cheap ballpoint pens.

28/12/06 3:45 PM  
Blogger The Modesto Kid said...

A-and, that "Inkless Metal Pen" should more properly be called a "metal pencil".

28/12/06 3:47 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

thin fibre-tips

The pen describes it as a "rolling ball," and it lies at the end of a needle-like protrustion, whose destiny in life, it seems, is to bend and eventually to break, for the purposes of conveying black ink onto my hand.

I endorse "metal pencil," though with some hesitation, since this product appears to be un-erasable—more commonly a characteristic of pens.

28/12/06 5:12 PM  
Blogger Silvana said...

God, you guys (ben and Stanley) are both way off. The best cheap commercially available pen was obviously the Pilot P700, which I think has been discontinued (or at least, it doesn't seem to be available anywhere I look in the last six months or so). Geez.

4/1/07 2:48 AM  
Blogger Stanley said...

leblanc, that pen looks pretty hot, but the clip may not work so well in my back pocket, which is where I keep my pens. I think I'll stick with the V5 for now.

Also, this is an awesomely nerdy debate.

4/1/07 4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home