Thursday, April 05, 2007

On my mind bum

Georgia's pretty rad so far. I had a delicious cup of coffee and wandered through record stores in East Atlanta. Then I found a banging hot-pink fanny pack at a thrift store. Jonny Blaze and I decided that we were going to bring back the fanny pack, as our pockets are constantly overflowing with phones and change and chapstick and cigarettes and lighters and all the other crap that we have with us on a given day. So, fanny packs: do it.

More: Atlanta has been kind, so kind. We've had the most cordial of hosts. Seriously, thank you, hosts.

But, my one-night-stand take on this city is, whoa scenesters. I got the distinct impression that it matters quite a bit how you look. Which is to say that all the bands sounded great. But they looked faaaabulous.

Priorities, priorities...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You did NOT just write "banging hot pink fanny pack."

6/4/07 2:30 AM  
Blogger t(h)om said...

please - it's a man-purse!

6/4/07 3:10 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

The fanny pack is not coming back, no matter how badly you want it to. There are a few people in my building who consistently wear a fanny pack, and I have to tell you--it's never. coming. back. Convenient? Yes. But I would rather you wear...well almost anything else, really. Enjoy the fanny pack for now :)

6/4/07 4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fanny packs rule !

y

12/4/07 4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You actually wandered through record stores in Little Five Points, which is east of Atlanta, but not East Atlanta. I never noticed it matters how you look so much here, but then again, maybe my friends didn't come because I was wearing that ice skating dress.

19/4/07 11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home