Wednesday, March 28, 2007

"Uh, is that a fang?"

We were driving through Ohio, en route to Lansing, Michigan, from Buffalo. I occupied what seems to have become my standard role: navigator. It was a long drive, and we droned along the highway, the only noise being that from the CD player and the road. I almost wanted to doze off, but I have a hard time sleeping in cars (I can also read for only about an hour before getting nauseous, which really sucks, because there's a lot of reading time available otherwise), so I spend a lot of time looking out the windows, while everyone else reads or sleeps or drives.

Thus, I was the only one to see the awesomest road name ever, Fangboner Road, which really does exist. So I immediately crack up and tell everyone about it, and, because we're a road-weary bunch of juvenile louts, we spent the next half hour debating (a) what exactly a fangboner looks like {yes, of course we drew pictures} and (b) whether a fangboner is a good thing, a bad thing, or something else {consensus: bad thing; I mean, really}. We have also begun using the term to describe some unfortunate turn of events. E.g., "Oh, man, you left your patch cable in Bennington?! Wow, that's totally fangboner."

Chicago today, where my grandma fed us an awesome dinner and then beat me (by one lousy point!) at Scrabble™. She's awesome, as I've mentioned. Tomorrow it's a long drive to Kansas City. Oh, and we passed the 2,000-mile mark today. So, woot and all that.

5 Comments:

Blogger t(h)om said...

only half an hour?

29/3/07 1:57 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

I get nauseous after reading for about 5 minutes in the car, so I can empathize. However, if I take Dramamine, I'm good to go. You should try it (the non-drowsy kind).

5/4/07 2:29 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

I was unaware of a non-drowsy version. I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

5/4/07 2:33 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

yep and they usually have a generic brand as well...or at least Target does.

6/4/07 4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Show some compassion. My last name is Fangboner.

2/5/07 8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home