Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The plan keeps coming up again

I missed a band meeting tonight (for Band A), which band meeting produced a to-do list—a sketch of concrete things we'd like to get done in the coming months.

Most ominous on the list was the last item: "10) Get Stanley fired [from his day job]", targeting the ongoing scheduling mindfuck that comes with with being the only band member working a traditional 40-hour-a-week office-type job.

We all had a good laugh at that, but I'm a little worried about Dijon Bray's stated plan to drug my drinks so that I can't get up for work in the morning. For two days straight.

For now: I'm cautious and vigilant. I, too, would love to do music exclusively. But that upcoming $3,000 bill from the dentist (dental insurance claim: denied!) ain't banking on T-shirt sales to fund itself.

3 Comments:

Blogger eekbeat said...

1) I LOVE that song referenced in your title.

2) I've said it before, mayhaps this time? Have a Help-Stanley-Pay-For-His-Mouth Benefit Show. At the very least you'll get some money to buy some liquor to replace the anesthetic you can't afford.

1/8/07 12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky for you we wrote a fucking #1 billboard single tonight!

I read a bumper sticker today at the corner of Emmet and University Ave which read:

"The best dental plan is a college educated hygenist."

Perhaps you chose the wrong double-major?

love,
Dijon Bray

1/8/07 12:02 AM  
Blogger The Modesto Kid said...

Yet another reason to agitate for state-funded medical care -- to get Stanley playing music full-time.

1/8/07 7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home