Monday, July 30, 2007

Telephony

For reasons not entirely within my recollection, I have a Semi-Famous Musical Artist's cell phone number stored in my phone. I think I'm supposed to call Semi-Famous Musical Artist [SFMA] if a somewhat unlikely set of circumstances comes to pass, but those circumstances have not yet taken place, so I've never called SFMA.

I emphasize: I have never called her.

Which cannot be truthfully said of my fearless co-blogger, Ryan, who, while inspecting my cell phone yesterday made two observations:
  1. "You have a lot more contact numbers in your phone than I have in mine" and
  2. "Holy shit! SFMA's phone number! Is this for real? Let's call her and leave her an obscure message ostensibly from someone named Ramón."

Fast-forward to this morning, when my phone rings and who is it? but of course, Semi--Famous Musical Artist. Who's returning my call directly from her voicemail, so yes, she definitely has the right number, and no, I didn't leave her a message, I swear. Must be some mix-up. Ha! Anyhoo, have a nice day, stranger, who doesn't know that I know that she's Semi-Famous Musical Artist calling me back.

Thanks, Ryan. That was awkward.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Modesto Kid said...

Hopefully if the unlikely set of circumstances does come to pass and you have cause to give her a buzz, the whole Ramón incident will have passed from her memory. Nice to see that I can make a little extra spending cash taking surveys -- thanks, Knicksgrl917!

30/7/07 9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home