Monday, October 08, 2007

I don't think "more cowbell" is going to cut it

I'm convinced that my body temperature runs consistently lower than the 98.6° average. I've noticed that, when I visit the doctor for some non-illness-related reason (a physical, say) and the nurse takes my temp, it tends to run a bit low. 98.3°—around there. I don't know the exact figure.

Which makes it very frustrating to feel like I have a fever, only to have my electronic thermometer tell me I'm cruising along at a healthy 98.6°. Do you even know me, electronic thermometer? Do you know what this means?!

Hmph: This morning it was back down to 97.9° (which sounds like a classic rock radio station).

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm the same way - 97.8 is my normal...

8/10/07 1:32 AM  
Blogger Stanley said...

I think that's what's most frustrating: I don't actually know what my normal temperature is. Which, admittedly, is my own damn fault.

8/10/07 1:37 AM  
Blogger The Modesto Kid said...

WSTN -- The greatest hits of the sixties, seventies, eighties and nineties! Chill out with Stanley-FM! Rock and Wry!

9/10/07 9:58 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

I'm normally around 97, you're not special :)

Also, at the doctor last week, it was 95.3, and the nurse didn't say a word..isn't that ridiculously low? Who knows.

15/10/07 4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home