Thursday, September 20, 2007

But the milkshakes are good

Greetings, lovers:::::

I have somewhat safely made my venture across the upper part of our great, great, great, very large and very funny country. Did you know that all the rest stops in most of the midwest are equiped with a medium-speeded Wifi and "free" coffee? Do you have any clue how fucked up most Indian reservations are, especially in South Dakota? Have you ever eaten at a place called Burgerville? I almost did, but then I saw a Wendy's.

I have started my job at a new winery which we're just going to call WINERY, because you don't even want to know whose juice I'm sticking my fingers in. It is a good job, and a good winery, and the people are good and nice. I have a home, with rooms and showers and two couches and 400+ channels on a big TV and for the first time in my life I have the internet at my house, in my room, all the time. Still I don't know what to do with it.

Dundee, which we're going to call THE CITY, is nice because there is no bank. Or supermarket. There is, however, a small gas station, one bar, three restuarants, a butcher's shoppe, some type of women's club that requires a pretty big building, and like 37 wine bars. Sadly, I have found a traffic light, but I don't think it works. THE CITY is surrounded by vines and hazelnut farms. When I walk to work I can pick my breakfast off trees on the way. Apples and blueberries and something that might be a peach, but I don't want to make a hasty call on that. Either way, it tastes good as long as you eat around the worms. Sometimes I bring bread and make little fruit sandwitches.

Hope all is well with you, Stanley (and if I can make a small suggestion for the blog: make that "read more" thing go away, because it seems to me that there isn't anything additional on all the entries).

Also I want to make this clear: I would never actually eat at Wendy's.

Not that there's anything wrong with those that do.

8 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

Does Ryan know Jesus McQueen? Isnt he tied into the wine business in the Northwest?

21/9/07 9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, you could have eaten at Burgerville, and you chose Wendy's instead?

21/9/07 9:29 AM  
Blogger t(h)om said...

Fruit worms are high in omega-6.

21/9/07 9:57 AM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Does Ryan know Jesus McQueen? Isnt he tied into the wine business in the Northwest?

They have each other's contact info. Beyond that, they're men of mystery.

Ryan: on the "read more" thing: I know. It's annoying. I can't figure out how to make it come up only on the posts that need it. Working on it, though.

(And glad you're well.)

21/9/07 1:04 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Okay, I killed "read more" just for you Ryan. Now send me wine.

21/9/07 1:48 PM  
Blogger MB said...

Yo roomie (aka Ryan): are you walking through little villages like Big Fish meeting 8' men and catching 300 lbs trout? Glad you are well.

Stanley, I stumbled across some congested acquaintances and directed them towards the 'neti pot' blog. I believe I may have spread your reach to the greater Cleveland area as they truly enjoyed the instructional video (though one experienced neti potter said you were a bit more 'violent' in your adminstration that she was).

21/9/07 6:36 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

though one experienced neti potter said you were a bit more 'violent' in your adminstration that she was

Any thespian worth his salt will necessarily dramatize to the extent necessary given the circumstances at-hand.

21/9/07 7:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

GREAT POST.

21/9/07 10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home