Saturday, October 20, 2007

Very Old Spice

I have decided to grow (something that sort of kind of resembles) a beard, and it is not as hard to do as I had expected. One just kind of does nothing and waits for the results. But it itches a bit.

Stanley had (almost) nothing to do with this desicion, which is not to say that I don't respect his openness to new types of facial hair, but mostly it is because I am lazy. Stanley has wonderful facial hair. Stanley is nearly fearless when it comes to attempting to popularize new and unique ways of complimenting one's face. Which I hope he takes as a compliment. Which is what it is.

Anyways I am working so much that I never have time to shave and I have turned that lack of time into an attempt to grow a beard. Also I rarely have time to shower, which I can't really turn into any kind of fashion statement but if there is one that involves lots of deodorant and cologne and never cleaning oneself, let me know.

When you're drinking your $100 Pinot Noir, think of me.

8 Comments:

Blogger bitchphd said...

Um, please no cologne.

Also, I too am a fan of this particular fashion.

20/10/07 2:44 AM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Which I hope he takes as a compliment.

But of course. I'm flattered, and I endorse your newfound beardedness.

(The itching goes away. Mostly.)

20/10/07 2:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand that the Walshes have a proud history of beards among the guys.

21/10/07 4:55 PM  
Blogger LC said...

Surprisingly, there is no "creative facial hair" website, a void which could be filled by you both!

21/10/07 8:26 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

LC, clearly you need to spend more time on the internet.

21/10/07 9:39 PM  
Blogger MB said...

Oh my, I've never seen such machismo. I wonder where the photos are of the "unkept and gruff" category contestants? I am sure Ryan would currently make a swell competitor in that arena.

22/10/07 6:05 PM  
Blogger ||| said...

i'll think of you when i'm drinking your $100 pinot noir. when you send us some.

p.s. just got back from biznuss trip in Spokane. WA is pretty nice. cloudy a lot. but nice.

23/10/07 2:52 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

i'll think of you when i'm drinking your $100 pinot noir. when you send us some.

neoskeptic gets it exactly right.

23/10/07 6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home