Thursday, January 17, 2008

Strapping

I was going to regale with the long version of my airport-security lament, but we all know the lows to which air travel has sunk. So I'll spare you the painful if unsurprising details.

Rather! Let me share a felicitous discovery from my travels. To wit, Shirt Stays!



Elastic straps from your socks to your dress shirt to keep the latter tucked in (and, presumably, to keep the former from sliding down)! WANT.

Okay, what I really want to is to don some Shirt Stays in conjunction with suspenders, then jump around on a pogo stick. I think it would feel as if I were a human Slinky®. And who wouldn't want to experience that?

7 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

If you read your UVa Alumni newsletter, you would know that a grad wanted to invent a shirt stay for women, but ended up with a bra strap stay.

17/1/08 9:20 PM  
Blogger The Modesto Kid said...

You could wear these in conjunction with garters for your socks (and as you point out, suspenders) -- then everything would be proof from slipping.

17/1/08 11:12 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

TMK: Oh, yeah. I was thinking they clipped into your socks, too (I think some do), but obviously the ones in the pic do not. I should read more better.

18/1/08 12:24 AM  
Blogger bitchphd said...

You and my husband. He *totally* has both these and suspenders. Don't ask.

18/1/08 3:34 AM  
Blogger ||| said...

@will: read the alumni newsletter?

@stan: you, bitch's husband, and my grandfather.

I'm not sure you WANT this. you're birthday is coming up, but you're not that. old, yet!

18/1/08 6:55 AM  
Blogger ||| said...

*your birthday

resolution: no more commenting on wry & stanley before 7:00a.m. without proofreading.

18/1/08 7:13 AM  
Blogger The Modesto Kid said...

I think for the fulness of Pogo stick experience, you would also need a hat of some sort with an elastic band under your chin. (Could this be done with a top hat? Because that would be totally ideal.)

18/1/08 7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home