Friday, April 04, 2008

An Open Letter From Ryan to Stanley (With Editor's Notes in Italics)

Stanley,
Being the guy whose name sounds a lot like "Wry and," and who some might ill-advisedly title the "co-founder" or "Lord of" Wry & Stanley dot blogspot dot com, I have to come clean: these days, I only ever check the blog once per week, on Saturdays, in the early afternoon, from the Internet cafe next to the cafe cafe where I like the short black coffee. (Never went to college, mind you, but not a word of that sentence makes sense. Not a word.) And, as the qoute unqoute co-founder of said blog who not even all that recently left all friends and family to live on a small Island near Australia, of all places, to make wine and jump off bridges and teach breadmaking seminars, I think it is quite understandable that I yearn, if that is the correct spelling of the word - I shiver and shake and tremble and crave in the core of whatever it is that makes me human - for the hot gossip of my motherland of Charlottesville, for the word on the streets, for news of my friends living in the town that I now always have to refer to in the past tense. (Again, nothing.)

So, buddy, as I digest my meat pie (Ernie's makes a good meat pie, mate) and sip my espresso and put a two dollar coin into a slot in the side of the monitor, what I really want from Wry & Stanley is some legitamite news of what's happening in TJ's backyard. Even if it's just for me, old pal. Even if it's just for me.

Love to all my lovers,
Ryan
(Not a fucking word of that.)

9 Comments:

Blogger The Modesto Kid said...

The words individually make sense, it's only the particular way they are arranged that fails to cohere.

4/4/08 11:14 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Ryan,

I apologize for the failure to more adequately serve your local-news-and-gossip needs. Allow me to supply the following tidbits that may be of interest to you:

-Truman Sparks is probably breaking up. One more show. Maybe not though. We'll see.

-The Ballroom is probably going to become a CVS.

-Dijonbray is still sort of a wanker but also funny and resembles a panda bear.

-The checkout-monitor at Reid's Market displays Horton wine; kind of odd, but true.

I can hope only that other commenters will fill in the rest.

Tenderly,
Stanley

6/4/08 8:34 PM  
Blogger bitchphd said...

Oh wait, now you're just *probably* breaking up?

You never tell me anything.

7/4/08 2:48 AM  
Blogger Stanley said...

B: Sorry. It's really been quite the roller coaster lately. I can dish to you in-detail later, but, yeah, the status of the break-up has now been upgraded to "maybe/maybe not".

7/4/08 9:39 AM  
Blogger ||| said...

Ryan,
Was this guy a friend of yours? http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7334233.stm

7/4/08 12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8/4/08 4:13 AM  
Blogger Stanley said...

In other local news, Ryan, we've been getting more spam comments lately, but sometimes I leave 'em if they're particularly odd or funny.

8/4/08 7:31 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Actually, Neo, it is considered strange and taboo to NOT use hedgehogs as weapons in NZ.

8/4/08 10:58 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Ryan! Mid-week!

8/4/08 11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home