Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Hip-Hoppitry

Two of my co-workers are experienced in the art of making up funny-sounding, hip-hoppish words. Over the weekend, I learned that many of friends share in this proclivity.

Verbs seem to be the best starting point, and the basic formulation seems to be: take an existing verb and merge it with an alternate verb ending (or endings); add additional syllables to taste; enjoy. It also seems to help if you say them in the passive voice and in a Jonny-Blaze-style thug voice.

Some prime examples from over the weekend (not credited to their authors, because I don't remember who said what):

  • Moistrify - a variation of moisturize that implies a more-thorough drenching, especially with alcohol; consumption of alcohol is also implied.

    Example: "Yo, G., I got straight-up moistrified out in Esmont. "

  • Demonstricate - meaning slightly unclear, but it seems to be destructive and possible pain-inducing.

    Example: "Dammit, Stanley, if you don't quit pushing me, you 'bouts to get demonstricated."

  • Penetromonate - meaning unknown, but clearly it's dirty.

    Example: [ed. note: I can't think of an example that doesn't make me feel excessively libidinous. But feel free to try for yourself.]

If the comment drought is over, feel free to make up your own and share 'em with the group.

4 Comments:

Blogger AnneChe said...

I find that adding "izzle" to most nouns makes for clever hippity-hoppity wordizzles. yeah. for realizzle.

Like:
Todizzle I gots to cookify some lentizzles and eat dems wit some riceizzle.

Also, just adding an 's' to some singular verbs adds that ghetto flair.

Likes:
I ams lovin' me some foodizzle cause I ams soopa hungry.

9/5/06 6:21 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

But how do we explain the lack of Sizzler references in hip-hop songs?

9/5/06 6:41 PM  
Blogger heidi said...

the comment draught is not over. you only get this comment because it's my saliva being released at the mention of esmont. in other words (ie) BLOG ABOUT SOME MOFUKIN PAT.

9/5/06 10:46 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Heidi comments!

Sorry you got too moistrified and that your face ended up demonstricated.

9/5/06 11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home