Saturday, December 16, 2006

Isolationism

Placing phone calls today, I learned that Bobert and Danana are out of town, adding them to the ranks of other out-of-towners, including LC, Ryan, and Eire (formerly "Eek" but I'm angling for a better nickname). The latter three have left the country, Eire to Spain; LC and Ryan to another Spanish-speaking country that shall remain nameless, lest I forbid to Ryan the right to make up shit later on about where he's been.

I haven't been out of the country since 2003. Chile and some brief stays in Argentina, total of a about six months. And suddenly everyone's taking off without me to foreign climes.

Admittedly, I had the chance to go on either one of these trips, and for various reasons I could not. Still: I need to travel and soon.

Maybe Eire's proposed jaunt to Canada to get a stamp for my new passport (arrived!) will pan out in the new year. Never been to the Great White North.

2 Comments:

Blogger CharleyCarp said...

A fellow could do a whole lot worse than making a trip to Quebec City. Really.

18/12/06 12:22 AM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Thanks, Charley. I've also heard good things about Vancouver, but QC's much closer.

Andrea: I know. It really is a shame that we're not friends anymore. Give my regards to Ashley, would you?

18/12/06 1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home