Monday, April 16, 2007

A clear misunderstanding

Dear California Readers:

Please be on the lookout for someone standing near a 7-11 somewhere in your fine state, holding my debit card number and $1800. It seems this person thought it would be okay to take these funds from my account, but actually it wasn't okay. So if you see this person, just let him or her know politely that I'd like that money back, mmkay?

Great. Thanks in advance for your help.

-Stanley

UPDATE: As of today, Loss Prevention has refunded the full amount of fraudulent withdrawals. I guess they really do Watchovaya money. Though, I did have to place another call to remind them to refund the $12 in miscellaneous fees, incurred due to the withdrawals being made on a non-branch-affiliated ATM. Ah, life.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sucks. I'm so sorry.

Please tell me your bank has some kind of protection plan where you're not actually liable for that money.

17/4/07 1:18 AM  
Blogger Stanley said...

I'm in the "investigation" portion of the process. My understanding is that I'll likely get that money back, eventually. It's apparently much more complicated with a debit (vs. a credit) card.

17/4/07 1:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, man. That sucks out loud. Does your protection plan include some kind of vengeance?

17/4/07 12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

teh suck

17/4/07 1:51 PM  
Blogger MB said...

I don't think the word 'bummer' sums it up, but...that is a bummer. I know Ryan's got plenty of wine you can drown your sorrows in.

17/4/07 2:22 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

mrh: I think I chose free checking over the vengeance option. Damn wisdom of hindsight...

Feeble: noted with interest.

17/4/07 2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy crap. Hopefully he tried this trick at an ATM with a security camera.

19/4/07 3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay!!!

20/4/07 10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home