Saturday, April 07, 2007

Sorry I Haven't Been Blogging, Stanley, But, You Know, Allergies

Dearest Stanley,
I hope you're having a great time on tour. I hope the shows are good and the bonding greater. By the way, I'm sorry I haven't blogged like I said I would, but my allergies have been a real bitch.
The first weekend when you were away I went to a maple syrup festival in Monterrey, Virginia. It was great. I had maple syrup donuts, and maple syrup pancakes, and maple syrup fudge, and saw an old time bluegrass band called The Maple Syrup Gospel Band. They were great, and I did real' well on their Bible quiz between sets. Then I bought buckwheat flower and checked out a badass sheep farm. Sheep are funny. They make a lot of doo.
So I couldn't blog on that first weekend, on account of being at the maple syrup thing.
Then that whole next week I had work, and when I wasn't at work I was slaving over my composition for my music theory class. I really think the song I wrote is sweet; very pretty, nice and nonobjectionable, reminds me of sunflowers and lemonade and children laughing near swimming pools. This took up many of my evenings. It was made especially hard because I also had to learn to play the piano. (Update: the recital went wonderfully and my teacher thinks I'm amazing.)
So I couldn't blog that week, on account of the song.
I don't really remember what I did the next weekend, but I know on one of the nights I played at Jaberwoke with Rob, and afterword went out drinking with Mr. Feeble, and after that I promptly got very, very sick. High fever, cold sweats, horrible. I had to stay home from work for 4 days, and miss a whole weekend. Took a lot of naps, though. And saw a lot of movies. That Borat shit is not all it's cracked up to be, but Dave Chappell's Block Party is very inspiring. Check it out.
So I couldn't blog for like the next seven days, because I was sick, but I did discover how easy it is to make homemade potato chips.
And after the sickness went away came the allergies. I've never had allergies. Not in all my twenty-some odd years. This year, though . . . Jesus. My Mom says it's from the pine trees. I don't know. It's horrible. I've made my way into my doctor's speed dial. I'm trying to find a way to freebase Benadryl where it doesn't stink up the bathroom.
Anyway, Stanley, my point is I'm sorry. Maybe for my birthday this year you could get me the internet. That would make all this a whole lot easier. It's in mid-July.
Lovingly,
Ryan

1 Comments:

Blogger Stanley said...

No worries, Ryan. It sounds like you've been busy.

As for the internet, I recommend going on tour. Did you know they have the internet—for free!—all over the country at this point? Crazy, I know, but true.

10/4/07 8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home