Friday, August 10, 2007

Miscellany


  1. A co-worker informs me that when I turn forty-five, I will begin to need to visit the bathroom three times throughout the night. This is an inescable Fact Of Life, he tells me, and it's the reason he's not going to move to a really cool cabin he found. The bathroom is too far away from the bedroom.

    Getting old freaks me out sometimes.

  2. I thought this was a good photograph, but I don't know enough about photography to say exactly why. Last year, I had plans to hang out with the aforementioned co-worker after work, so he could teach me more about cameras and photography. (He worked in a camera shop for years and years.) We hung out one time. Drank Bass Ale. Then he showed me some old guns he has. I still have my notes. I should re-initiate these informal classes.

  3. I got called for jury duty, and I'm oddly excited about it. Sure, I may not even get to serve, and if I do, it may some seemingly trivial matter. But the process! Neat! (Also, work pays me for the time I serve, which I support.)

4 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

I'm sure there are a lot better stories than yours regarding Bass Ale and gun collections.

10/8/07 11:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

1) I'm gonna make sure that by that age, I will be with a woman who won't mind me having a bed-pan under the bed in which I would pee in when necessary.

2) That photo is AMAZING. It's amazing to me because the contrast of colors are so crazy that it looks like it's photoshopped(which I assume it's not).

3) You should watch Runaway Jury starring John Cusack. It's the tits.

-Wall Street

10/8/07 12:01 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

"Wall Street": You'd really like that photo blog. New picture everyday.

And did you really use the word "tits" like that? Really?

10/8/07 4:03 PM  
Blogger The Modesto Kid said...

* Guns are like cameras cameras in that you can shoot with either.

* That picture is totally cool and angular.

* I am not yet 45 but I have noticed an increase in nighttime needing-to-pee as I get older. From "never" to "occasionally". Hoping I will dodge the "3 times a night" bullet.

* Jury duty is lots of fun. I have done it twice, once where I did not get on a case and once where I did, both times were a blast. Bring something good to read while you wait to be called to a case; and better if it is something that will stimulate people to have conversations with you about it. I have found the Bible serves this purpose very well. Also one day I brought a yo-yo and met another potential juror who spent some time showing me how to do excellent tricks with it.

10/8/07 6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home