Monday, September 17, 2007

Not Cool, Coke

I was a bit disappointed to see this story:

Drinks giant Coca-Cola has invented a bottle that chills on the inside when the top is twisted off.

Insiders have hinted that the technology will feature in a new drink called Sprite Super Chilled, which could reach the UK by next year.

The bottles do away with the need to add ice, which dilutes the liquid {my emphasis} - but they must be put in a special vending machine to regulate temperature.

Bosses at the US firm hope to cash in on the "super chilled" drinks trend.

Coke and Diet Coke could be packaged in the new bottles if they prove to be successful.
I try not to drink too much pop, but when I do, my preferred serving method is over ice. I like that the ice dilutes the drink slightly, thank you, and I can only wish Coca Cola the worst of luck with this new endeavor. May you fail miserably.

Via

8 Comments:

Blogger The Modesto Kid said...

Well it's not like the new technology prevents you from adding ice or anything. Also, how dare you speak ill of new technology? Luddite.

18/9/07 10:09 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Dude, I couldn't disagree with you more. I hate having to add ice...it ruins the Coke for me after the 1st 5 minutes. There's nothing like an ice cold UNdiluted Coke...mmmm

18/9/07 10:52 AM  
Blogger Stanley said...

TMK: True, I could still add ice to the cold Coke, which ice wouldn't melt, which would not give my Coke that delightful partially diluted flavor.

blinktmb: You know, if you refrigerate your normal, not-futuristic Coke, and we can both have our way.

18/9/07 11:56 AM  
Blogger Stanley said...

how dare you speak ill of new technology? Luddite.

Actually, I am intrigued about other possible uses for this technology. Medical, say, or something like supercooled microchips. (But keep it outta my pop!)

18/9/07 1:22 PM  
Blogger The Modesto Kid said...

True, I guess you'd have to warm it up in the microwave after pouring, prior to adding the ice. Kind of inconvenient I guess. Or you could just pour some water in. I'm just looking forward to seeing this applied to Anheuser-Busch's product line.

18/9/07 1:40 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

But I can't keep it refrigerated between every delicious sip!

19/9/07 2:05 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

You can if you buy a walk-in refrigerator and drink it in there.

19/9/07 2:11 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

walk-in refrigerators always make me think back to the 1st school field trip I can remember, which was to the local Ukrop's when I in kindergarten. I still vividly remember being allowed into the big refrigerator in the back and thinking how special we were to be let back there...haha.

And then 10 years later I worked there and hated going into the cold refrigerator :)

19/9/07 3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home