Thursday, September 20, 2007

Scenery

I went on a nice long bike ride after work. Two things of note:
  1. I rode past Arcane Technologies, a business I'd never noticed before. I actually laughed out loud at their name. What's their motto? "No. Really. You're way too much of a plebe to understand this. Seriously. And when we do install it? You're gonna be like callin' us every 10 minutes to help you 'cause this shit is like super wicked arcane, and shit."

    (That said! Could be a cool place! Don't attack my blog with a DOS attack!)

  2. I saw a guy doing this huge graffiti thing on the Belmont Bridge (which I thought was a viaduct, namely because my dad used to refer to a similar structure in Chicago as a viaduct, but he, and thus I, appear to have been wrong; sorry). Graffiti dude was just spraying away in a fairly conspicuous location, and with a considerable amount of daylight.

    It doesn't seem anyone would care. That part of the bridge is covered in all this lovely spray-paint art, which looks much better than drab concrete. Of course, for all I know, dude got arrested five minutes after I pedaled away. I hope not, though.

6 Comments:

Blogger The Modesto Kid said...

I drove past a machine-tool shop today called Smith Boring. I could imagine their advertisements: "Your Source for Boring Equipment".

20/9/07 10:07 PM  
Blogger t(h)om said...

When I lived in your hood I would walk under that bridge and pass that same spot on my way to cross the railroad trax and take the shortcut to main street.

Then they built that monstrosity of an amphitheatre [sic] and the "transit" center, so the RR co. put up a 14 foot-high iron fence. Bye-bye, shortcut.

Which was also a crucial path home after late nights at the bar named for the railroad. You know what i'm talkin about.

21/9/07 10:00 AM  
Blogger Stanley said...

t(h)om, while I'm reserving judgment on the purpose of the transit center, there is a quite useful set of stairs that run along its left side, providing convenient access to the Downtown Mall.

21/9/07 1:01 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Uh, not that I'm endorsing crossing the tracks there, because I think it's against the law, and I don't break laws.

21/9/07 1:01 PM  
Blogger The Modesto Kid said...

I don't break laws

Or, one would hope, get run over by trains.

21/9/07 1:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's legal to spray-paint on the spot you're talking about. Eli "Ale" Henry("Ale" is his graf name) has put many a "piece" on that wall. Another wall which one can spray-paint on legally is the wall at Charlottesville Highschool; but apparently, that spot is whack cuz as soon as you throw something, some whack-ass kid just fucks with it. One time I painted a naked chick, but instead of a head, she had a big smiley face a la Forrest Gump. I didn't know how to do faces.

21/9/07 10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home