Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Hooked

First, ogged gets me hooked on The Wire. Then, last night, I took catherine's advice and started watching Friday Night Lights. Holy crap! This show's great.

For some reason, I envisioned something like Dawson's Creek meets Necessary Roughness, but no! Watching the first season is like watching a forty-minute Explosions in the Sky video, complete with snappy dialogue, politics, personal conflict, and, well yeah, football.

At this rate of television addiction, I'm never going to get anything done ever again.

4 Comments:

Blogger catherine said...

woo!

18/9/07 9:11 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

eh, FNL is alright. You need to get into LOST! A friend finally convinced me to give it a try, and I've watched the last 2 seasons on DVD...HOLY CRAP. It's good, man.

I'd rather you check out Flight of the Conchords first, but since you don't have HBO: LOST!

19/9/07 2:09 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Lost just doesn't do it for me. I can bear to watch it. But the dialogue is really dreadful at times, and each show has the exact some story arc, ending with another motherfucking cliffhanger. This kind of arc seems to be one of J. J. Abrams' (the show's creator) only tricks, as he also deployed it on every goddamned episode of Alias.

That said, we can have comity on FOTC, which can be hit or miss, but when it hits, oh man, it's great. I make an effort to go to a friend's house on Sundays to watch.

19/9/07 2:20 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

oh great! Last time I talked to you, you hadn't even seen it. Sad times now that the season is over :(

And yeah, LOST is not a spectacularly written show, but it's incredibly entertaining and the cliffhanger thing really does it for me--I'm also hooked on 24. I will say, though, that the symbolism is LOST is so blaringly obvious at times, it's laughable. How dumb do they think we are?

19/9/07 3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home