Sunday, September 14, 2008

I saw No Doubt back when Goo Goo Dolls were almost cool

Record Store Cashier, scanning my CDs: This is a pretty bizarre mix of music. And it's $33.70.
Ryan: Oh, I have this coupon.
Cashier, to other Cashier: Hey Linda, check this guy's CDs out. This is one for the records. And, honey, your coupon is for our other location.
Linda, holding Ryan's new Girl Talk CD: This is one of my favorite CDs.
Ryan, holding his new Janacek mass: What about this one?
Linda: That's the one that makes us think you're weird.
Cashier: That's what I was thinking!
Ryan: So you guys judge everybody who buys music, right?
Linda: Absolutely. And the worst are the ones who buy Gwen Stefani.

6 Comments:

Blogger Stanley said...

There's a record store in this town?

14/9/08 3:34 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Plan 9 is what a record store should be.

14/9/08 4:18 PM  
Blogger Wingnut said...

i too saw No Doubt back when the GGD were almost cool. too bad they never really made it over the hump.

15/9/08 11:51 AM  
Blogger ||| said...

refresh my memory, the googoo dolls were the ones with Bob Dylan's daughter, right?

15/9/08 3:28 PM  
Blogger The Modesto Kid said...

I think you mean "The Wallflowers", and "son".

19/9/08 9:02 AM  
Blogger Newswise Staff said...

i thought the googoo dolls was a show on nickelodeon

19/9/08 1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home