Thursday, July 22, 2010

Quarter Mil

I just had a very strange conversation with a barista. The talk turned mildly political, and I remarked something about it being a polarizing election in 2008.

Barista: Yeah, I didn't like any of the candidates. But in the end I voted for the Republican side.
Me: Oh. Okay.
Barista: In the end, I decided I had to vote against the taxes.
Me: Taxes? Hm. Do you make more than $250,000 a year?
Barista: Well, no. But my dad does.
Me: I see.

Anyway, the conversation went on, culminating in my blinking, staring, dumb-struck at this statement: "Two hundred fifty thousand dollars just doesn't go as far as people think."

Um. Wow.

1 Comments:

Anonymous TC said...

the greatest accomplishment of the conservative movement has been convincing the 100 million poorest people in the country that they are just like the 100 richest people in the country.

27/7/10 9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home