Friday, May 04, 2007

Sure as Kilimanjaro rises like Olympus above the Serengeti

In the hit song "Africa," Toto counsels:

The wild dogs cry out in the night
As they grow restless longing for some solitary company

True wisdom, this is. Verily, Toto is obviously calling out to my co-workers, themselves feeling like solitary dogs in this corporate slogfest. Hence my current Friday gift to them: I'm playing the song on repeat at a moderate volume. We're on iteration number five. I wonder how long it will take for one of them to thank me for my selflessness.

UPDATE: Thirteen tracks in, my nearest co-worker leans back and asks, "Do you have this song on repeat? 'Cause I'm gonna have to kill you soon if you don't change it."

So, there you go. It takes thirteen times.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've got some seriously patient coworkers.

Also I totally laughed.

4/5/07 10:17 PM  
Blogger The Modesto Kid said...

Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you.

5/5/07 5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home