Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Zap

Holy crap! This market isn't half-a-block from my house
Lightning brought part of a Belmont building to the ground and left four people trapped inside. The collapse happened around 6 p.m.
...
Firefighters say the cause of the collapse is apparently due to lightning. They think a lightning strike weakened the structure and brought the wall and a sign crashing to the ground.
I didn't know lightning could do that—and so close to my own humble abode!

I'm glad everyone's okay, and hey, statistically, this means that I'm that much less likely to get struck by lightning at my house. Right? Yeah. Um. Science. Or something.

4 Comments:

Blogger MB said...

From what I understand, once you've been struck by lightnening your chances of being struck a second time almost double. It's science.

I don't know Stanley, if I were you I would start wearing galoshes.

20/6/07 9:00 AM  
Blogger eekbeat said...

mmmm galoshes.

20/6/07 11:15 AM  
Blogger t(h)om said...

science has a liberal bias.

20/6/07 2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well buddy, i'd say the law of averages is going up at your humble abode, i've was struck by lightening once through an umbrella i was holding, and once it hit my car as i was driving. crazy!!!

bailee

25/6/07 2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home