Monday, August 20, 2007

All Points West

It seems to be one of those times of the year when lots of people are coming or going. Ryan, the faithful co-blogger and maker of wines, embarks tomorrow on his journey to Oregon. He's got some new-fangled wireless laptop thingy, so he may post about his travels and new job there. Then again, maybe he won't. Thus is Ryan.

Also, I learned today that houseguest Máxico—did I tell you we've had a houseguest? we have—will be heading back to Los Angeles in one week.

When I first learned we'd be having a houseguest, I was kind of anxious. In a house with one bathroom and a small kitchen, four people vs. five could make a big difference in general comfort. Plus the new roommates had just moved in. Why create more of an adjustment-needing situation?

But honestly Máxico has been a delight to live with. Example: I often come home from work grumpy, and Máxico immediately and without fail cracks me up with is off-the-wall, goofball antics. He's genuinely cheerful in a way that's not annoying but rather, uplifting. I'm sad to see him go.

Good luck, guys.

...

Also: No badminton tourney today. A confluence of events including me completely fucking up in my own personal scheduling plans forfended the proper organization of the event. Plus, uh, it rained. But! Maybe this Saturday instead?

Oh, and when I finally did get home I played a stellar best-of-three doubles match with Scritchie, Pagreasy, and JDukes. Scritch and I lost. And I'm pretty sure I pulled a muscle in my back that I didn't even know existed.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Listen, if you have a badminton net, you should really be considering playing some yogaball. It's basically the most fun game ever in the world. You can see video here and here and photos here. If you are intrigued, then let me know and I will blog the rules; it's about time I did that anyway.

21/8/07 9:08 AM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Whoa. That looks ridiculous. Color me intrigued, and blog away.

21/8/07 9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home