Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Plus, all the mongooses ran from the tsunami

We were watching Scott Baio is 45 . . . and Single, which I think I like, but am not sure because maybe it's just the first TV show I've seen, start to finish, in a few years, and maybe I just think I like it because really I just like TV, all kinds of TV in all forms, even though I've been telling myself I hate TV for a few years now - we were watching Scott Baio, which he's a kind of a semi-interesting guy, all things being equal, is all I'm saying, and maybe I watched the same episode twice, back-to-back, maybe that first episode of Scott Baio is the first TWO TV shows I've seen, start to finish, in a few years (because, like I said, I watched it twice) -

Anyway, we were watching Baio and had reached one of those lethargic TV-watching points where nobody has commented on the entertainment in over five minutes, nobody has said anything sarcastic or witty, everybody is deep in their couch cushions, far from thought, unawares, just totally TV catatonic -

We were watching Baio and the cat (whose name is Bug) the cat whose name is bug, who was sleeping 'neath somebody's legs, stood up quickly from 'neath the legs, jumped up on the couch, perked its ears up, and jumped at least three feet into the air, just straight up in the air, absolutely straight up, just -BAM! - there goes Bug, in the air, straight up -

And it was at the point when Bug's trajectory was almost complete, Bug was almost on the ground and it was too soon for anybody to form thoughts and start saying, "Woah. Bug just jumped." but it was not too soon for us all, all three, to be thinking it, as Bug got closer and closer to the ground after jumping three feet up for no reason, it was at that point -

When the doorbell rang.

And so then just let me direct your attention to Wikipedia; topic "Earthquake Prediction;" subtopic "Animals and Earthquake Prediction."

5 Comments:

Blogger eekbeat said...

Scott Baio's very jersey cousin, Dana, was in my CCD class in the fourth grade. No joke!

15/8/07 9:59 AM  
Blogger MB said...

that was awesome

15/8/07 11:26 AM  
Blogger t(h)om said...

did Bug trigger the Utah mine disaster?

16/8/07 6:29 AM  
Blogger Stanley said...

t(h)om: According to that Wiki article, Bug may have predicted—not triggered—an earthquake. But anyway, it's too soon to say, as seismologists are still out on whether it really was an earthquake that caused that mine collapse.

[/no fun]

16/8/07 4:12 PM  
Blogger LC said...

Someone (an idiot) suggested that Bug heard the person (who was yet to ring the bell) walking up the front porch steps--that Bug heard this person despite our apartment door being closed, despite the washing machine running in the hallway outside our apartment door, despite the length of our hallway that leads to our rather solid wood front door, which was locked and closed. *Idiot.


*okay, me.

17/8/07 9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home