Monday, February 18, 2008

About that time I accidentally took an opiod and then had to play drums for three hours

Me: Yeesh, my head is pounding. I'd hate to play a three-hour set like this. Do you have anything for a headache?
Soundguy: Yeah man, I was having the same problem. Here you go.



Me
[to guitarist at set break]: Man, I think I'm coming down with something. My head still hurts, and I just feel...off.



Me: Phew, we made it. It was a little rough there towards the end. I'm exhausted. What were those pills you gave me anyway?
Soundguy: Oh, man. Were they the pink ones?
Me: Yeah.
Soundguy: My bad! Those were vicodin! Whoops.


Whoops indeed.

8 Comments:

Blogger baconfat said...

i always let non-licensed people dispense my meds. just like the rocket.

18/2/08 2:48 PM  
Blogger bitchphd said...

So, feeling better?

18/2/08 9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

C'mon, you knew....

I have a similar story that I tell the same way, but the truth is that I knew the dude was not handing me some Tylenol. They were big pills!

19/2/08 7:28 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

I know it's hard to believe, but I honestly had no clue. It was all in a rush right before going on stage, and I didn't really think twice about it (bad idea in hindsight). I definitely would not have taken industrial-strength Hydrocodone just ahead of a three-hour gig. I can be stupid, but I'm not that stupid.

19/2/08 10:17 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

And yes, B., I am feeling better. Thanks for asking. (Took a good full two days though.)

19/2/08 10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're breaking every archetype in modern american musical folklore:

drummer on speaking terms with the sound guy?

drummer admitting his playing was "a little rough"?

drummer "accidentally" taking a prescription narcotic?

drummer has feelings?

my world is turned upside-down, stanley. my eyes are open.

20/2/08 11:11 AM  
Blogger Stanley said...

anonymous person(s): you are funny. I hope you hang around. Would you mind attributing future comments to some sort of "handle"? No need to sign up with Blogger; just choose the name/URL field.

I can't tell if the two anonymous commenters on this thread are the same person (I suspect they are not), and it's kind of driving me crazy.

20/2/08 2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we are not the same person.

21/2/08 9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home