Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I can has hot things?

Hands down the best birthday gift I got this past weekend was a slow-cooker that looks just like this one. I haven't had a chance to break it in yet, but I'm hoping this weekend will see its debut. Maybe with chili. Or pasta sauce. Or soup. Or lentils. Or black beans. Or. Or. OR!

The possibilities are seemingly endless and awe-inspiring. Oh, and did I mention it has a timer? Yes. A timer. DO YOU REALIZE HOW EXCITED I AM ABOUT THAT? Well, I'm very excited about it, and you should be too and maybe that'll get you some soup if you're lucky.

Thanks, eekbeat. You rock (as always).

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have that slow cooker! It is amazing. It is so big, though, that I usually use my smaller two-setting Crock Pot and save the Cuisinart for really big batches.

20/2/08 8:59 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Elizabeth: I was a bit intimidated by the size, but I've now switched to unbridled enthusiasm: I will cook more! And freeze the extras!

Pleased to meet a comrade-in-slow-cookers.

20/2/08 9:15 PM  
Blogger MB said...

Happy belated bday Stanley. It marks the end of the mid-winters festival and you can now spend all year long cooking up the feast for next year's.

Set it on 'super slow'.

20/2/08 10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Standay, Birthley!

20/2/08 11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hit thy slappy beard any?

21/2/08 9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

try it yappy and she blah

21/2/08 9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prithy, as thy panda byle

21/2/08 9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi satan, by thy dry apple

21/2/08 9:55 AM  
Blogger Newswise Staff said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

21/2/08 9:56 AM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Well, someone sure enjoys his or her anagram generator, now doesn't he or she?

21/2/08 1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no no, those were all done by me own two hands

21/2/08 2:09 PM  
Blogger LC said...

Happy belated b'day. Do not try to cook rice in a slow cooker. It sticks to the sides and will take you between 2-3 days to pick off every single grain.

22/2/08 8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home