Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Mi diverti

This week (and some of last week) has been my birthday week, because incidentally my birthday fell on one of those days. I like presents, and here is a list of the presents that I got:
- 1 chocolate cake from Ukrops
- 1 vanilla cake (mostly pink) from T(h)om
- 1 cheesecake, of which my boss said, "This cheesecake changed my life."
- 1 tub of freshly ground peanut butter
- 5 cassettes (Sir Mix A Lot, Tchaikovsky, Morrissey, Fine Young Cannibals, some French mix tape that some French person made and then gave to the Salvation Army)
- 1 set of instructions on how to become a soccer ref in Charlottesville, because I want to be a soccer ref in Charlottesville
- 1 dinner at Pizza Hut
- some books (Poe, Faulkner, Roth, The History of Punk Rock, and some other book that I can't remember)
- 1 pair of socks
- 1 hot air balloon ride
- Duke Ellington's Three Suites
- A collage in a picture frame
- A shirt
- 4 bottles of wine
- bowling
- shots
- love

6 Comments:

Blogger t(h)om said...

no go-karts?

19/7/06 6:04 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Good b-day week, Ryan. I'm happy for you.

Full disclosure: That pinkish cake spent the entire next day in my backyard. That day was particularly hot, and I came home from work to melted pink gooiness, with a barely legible "Ryan" written on it. It was cool looking. I'm sorry I didn't photograph.

As for the cheesecake, let us know how it stacks up against this one.

19/7/06 6:26 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Also: sidebar: Ryan's post may have magically cured the disappearing blogroll problem. Is this case for other people, too?

If so, rejoice! The blogroll was merely protesting Ryan's silence! Huzzah for Ryan!

20/7/06 1:07 AM  
Blogger t(h)om said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

20/7/06 9:30 AM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Whoops. I just got a comment notification in which t(h)om pulled a Rove and blew Ryan's cover.

Quick to delete, however, t(h)om saved himself an indictment from Patrick Fitzgerald.

['Twas good comment, too; alas, t(h)om.]

20/7/06 9:43 AM  
Blogger t(h)om said...

i got word of the pending investigation and stayed up all night to shred [click delete] the evidence [comment].

but as i was saying, do you have any idea what i went through to procure that pretty pink cake!? I had to ask a DELI LADY to go over to the bakery area and write "happy bday 'Ryan'." She agreed, but only on the condition that I promise to come back for all of my cake needs from now on.
DELI LADY also had to ask me at least three times how to spell "Ryan."

it was no $100 cheesecake, but the drunken dirge rendition of "happy birthday"?.............priceless.

20/7/06 9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home