Thursday, May 15, 2008

I'm a real gas

I meant to tell you!

A few weeks ago, I botched some minor thing at work. No big deal, and I was chided mildly via e-mail. I said the basic "thanks for the heads up" sort of thing, adding "must've been a brain fart", only to wince at the expression "brain fart".

Seemed a bit crude for this situation, yet I wanted something light-hearted and silly to note that I was indeed taking the suggestion in-stride. (Yes, sadly, sometimes in life, this sort of gesture is necessary.)

Hence was born: "brain burp"!

I've been using it ever since, and I invite you to use it as you see fit.

3 Comments:

Blogger ||| said...

i'm still workin on "¡formidable!"

15/5/08 11:05 AM  
Blogger The Modesto Kid said...

Hey Stanley, I saw a cartoon today and thought you might find it funny. So I am going to hijack your comments section to link to it:
el calimocho és un arma de la C.I.A..

Funny even though my understanding of Spanish is pretty scattered. I especially like: "¡La bandera! ¡El fusil! ¡El calimocho!"

15/5/08 3:29 PM  
Blogger ||| said...

man, mk, you hijacked the comments thread like some separatist basco hijacked a train in madrid.


Too soon?

16/5/08 6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home